Over the Rainbow

Happy 2 Month Anniversary to the man who makes me come alive with a radiance in my soul that I have never known! Indeed, the dreams that I dared to dream really did come true.

Dancing onstage at The Mellow Theater in Scranton, Pennsylvania seemed more like a dream then reality. Joanna Nunemaker and her assistant, Janean Truax artistically captured such dramatic scenes between my husband of just a few hours, and I on our wedding day. They made it seem as if we had all the time in the world to be in the spotlight, on stage, the stars of each other's show. And we were. We gazed at each other, danced across the stage with no music needed at all, laughed, whispered our thoughts to each other, and basked in the utopic feeling of our day. We hardly noticed our talented photographers as our only audience.


I will not soon forget how it felt to done the gown of my dreams on that monumentous day. It was nothing like being a princess or even a queen. It was more then even that. Dress flowing for miles seemingly, my brand new husband sweeping me into his arms, and the beauty of our emotion entwined together created nothing short of a miracle from our God.


Here we are in a private moment on the grand stairs at The Colonnade in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Joanna was creatively nearby at all times, but we seemed to hardly take note. We were caught up in each other, in our own magic. In just a few seconds we descended the elegant steps to be cheered on by those who love us so dear.

There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby Babe, and it's beyond what I could have ever asked or imagined. I adore you and love you with all my heart. You know where to find me.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

abby, how beautiful and delightful. you guys were radiant in those pictures and your blog emphasizes the evident love you have one for another. isnt it amazing - and remember - even years down the road you can feel that very same way, I know because I do! dont ever lose the wonder of it all.

dubbe said...

Thank you Abby! Happy anniversary to you, too! We definitely still continue to have great times together. :) Similar to Dorothy's strong desire to return home, so do I anticipate arriving home each day after work to see you.

Anonymous said...

OHHHHH my how beautiful and how full of awe you two are and were on that day. HAHA and I love that you are talking about Dorothy and the wizard of oz. :) Love you two and cant' wait to see more

Tricia said...

Such beautiful pictures! Happy 2 month anniversary! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures my Ab Ab! Can't wait to see them all! What a day to capture ... amazing!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I can hardly wait to see more.
Marcia M. :-)

The Comptons said...

Love the dancing picture! You guys certainly belong together!! Your love inspires us all to reflect on our own love, remember those first few months of marriage, and be amazed at how that love continues to grow!

jane amos said...

these few pictures make me cry. cant wait to see the rest!! i love you both!!!! :)

gretchen said...

Happy 2 month anniversary!

So glad you had Joanna to capture some of the memories of your day. Beautiful!

Aunt K said...

I feel SO happy when I see you & Chuck in your pics! Oh brother, now I'm getting teary-eyed like my sis...anyway, that day is one of tops on my list of happy moments! It's another reminder of God's persistent love for us, His bride.

Anonymous said...

I love all 3...but my favorite is the first one - there's just something about it! Amazing!! Can't wait to see the rest of of the pictures! (Mandi)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Abby ! Your pictures are awesome ! So happy for you !

Love,
Aunt Candie

Jo said...

Abby it was all you and chuck, you have such great language between the two of you. It is effortless to capture people who are so in love and up for anything!

I hope this first year is packed with joy for both of you and lots of love! It was a gift to be part of your day!

Both Jenean and I are still talking about it..how amazing your ceremony was..how much fun the entire day was.

the way I see it... said...

you look like jennifer grey and patrick swayze in that first picture. haha.

jennifercirinna said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics :) the photographer did a GREAT job!!! I can't wait to see the rest too!