Stay-at-home-What?!

This Sunday marks 3 months of marriage for us! I do believe it's been the fastest 3 months of my life. Though in some ways, our wedding still feels like yesterday. At any rate, I now have 3 months as being a wife under my belt. Not a day goes by where I am not in wonder at my new life.

Chuck and I have been surrounded by brand new people and situations. We've officially joined a new church together. We had prayed very specifically about what we believe a church should be and this church has certainly proved to be God's answer.

Through our new church, we've joined a shepherd group (small group) that meets in a home. It's a multi-generational group that we both have come to thoroughly love. We're also volunteering in the youth group together. I've already attended my first Girl's Night Out event. It made me excited to continue volunteering!

On top of a new church, Chuck has a new job. Seems every where we turn, new people are around the corner. Because of this, the same old introductions have been repeated countless times. "Where are you from? Have you lived here long? How long of you been married?" and the most popular question to be asked,

"What do you do?"

I'm pretty sure I have the most unique answer for my age. It almost always catches people off guard. Especially in this area.

"I am a stay at home wife!" =)

To Be Continued....

2 comments:

jennifercirinna said...

in that area "stay at home wife" isn't a phrase commonly used, so no wonder people are caught off guard. I was too at first, just because it is so expensive to live up there in the DC area! Glad you are able to do that, I am sure Chuck appreciates coming home after work and seeing you there :)

Katie Vogel said...

Hi Abby! This is Katie Vogel (We met at Laura and Scooter's house last night). I tried looking for you on facebook, but I couldn't find you (I don't think). But anyway, I found your blog!! :)

I just wanted to say that we should hang out sometime, because I am in the stay-at-home-wife role too!!

I have struggled with Northern Virginia's belief that every woman should have a career until she retires. I have always just wanted to be a wife and mom too--and write! :)

Anyway, it was so nice to meet you! Hopefully I'll find you on facebook.