NO SCHOOL FOR ME!

I wrote in my personal journal this morning how grateful I am that I'm NOT going back to school today.  It's true.  I feel anxiety just imagining the thought of going back to school again.  If you're reading this, you probably already know that I have hated school for my whole entire life. 

It must have started in Kindergarten when my oldest brother left me in the hallway all alone, scared, and having no idea where to go or what to do.  Apparently I really liked my first Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Bird.  When my family moved in the middle of my Kindergarten year, I even called her from all the way across the country. 

Like I said, I'm just beyond grateful that today I do not have to go back to school.  Yes I've been out of school for over six years now, but the relief has never worn off.  When walking through Target, seeing all those pencils, folders, erasers, folders, notebooks, and binders I STILL get this sick feeling in my stomach.  I know that stuff is no longer for me, but I STILL feel the dread.  That horrible feeling was apart of my life for so many years, that I assume it will last for quite a few back to school seasons still.

I fear what it will be like when my own kids have to go to school.  If they hate it as much as I did, I'm sure I will be the Mom that says, "Oh, you can stay home honey!"  Thankfully my Mom let me do that, too.  My Senior year of HS she let me skip 37 FULL days.  That's not even counting 1/2 days missed, or coming late, or leaving early.  I actually got called into a meeting where I was informed if I missed any more days, I wouldn't graduate.  Please.  THANK YOU MOM!

So if my kids hate school. where will that leave me?  Ha!  I have a feeling they will be nothing like me and will love school, excel at it, and be much more like their Daddy.  Until that time (and we have lots of time!) I am just going to continue to BASK in my FREEDOM.  =)

3 comments:

gretchen said...

Sad for you. I knew you hated school but to hate the supplies, too- what isn't fun about a new pencil box?!?!?

Anonymous said...

thanks for making me sound like a loser of a mom who let their child manipulate them into staying home!!hahha i guess by your sr. year i was tired of fighting the battle. plus i think the classes were: quiliting, phys ed, choir, and 3 study halls....quite the strain!! :)

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHA... this was the best post! I TOTALLY am right there with you in thankfulness for NO MORE SCHOOL! Though we both hated it, at least you didn't cry every first day of school!

And all those days skipped... sooooo nice! We totally had our moms wrapped around our finger. ;)