Too Much

Today is one of those days.  It actually started last night.  Got some disturbing (to say the least) news over the phone about someone I really, really care about.  About someone I love.  As I tossed and turned in the night, my prayers for this person were my waking thoughts.  I'm glad God can make perfect sense out of those twisted, half-awake prayers. 

But before I even went to sleep I received another disturbing text from a friend whose Granddad was dying.  He may or may not have a personal relationship with God.  News like that seems to sprinkle my heart like black dust that you wish you could just wipe away with an old rag.

So today began with a heavy heart, which caused me to lay (or lie?  I never know.) under the covers longer then normal.  There's nothing like a sweet husband to crawl BACK in bed with me in those moments, though. 

As the day has progressed, the weight of the world looms like a cloud over my head.  The text confirming the death of my friend's Granddad this morning, the text of a family member facing huge disappointment with their job, and continued battle over the news of my struggling loved-one makes for one of those days.  It's no wonder I'd rather curl up on the couch with my new favorite quilt and do nothing but watch Christmas movies.  Sometimes life feels like it's just too much. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Abs!! ugh. one of those days... I'm sorry. That's tough. If you want to grab a latte or something let me know... :)

dubbe said...

Hopefully this is a little encouragement to you babe.
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful;" (Heb. 10:23)

Lindsay said...

Praying for you Ab!