The Wedding (Take 2!)

Saturday, August 13 brought Tim and Anni to their "American-style" wedding.  Let me tell you, those Germans like to really extend their celebrations!  That is something to be desired for Chuck and I.  We really love that the German culture takes TIME with each other.  They are not in a rush, they do not have plans after plans, and they can just sit and enjoy each other.  It's a lovely experience, until my Northern VA attitude kicks in and then I have to remind myself to just BE and enjoy the moments with people.  This wedding went on from about 12:30pm until 12:00am.  I've never experienced any other wedding like it.  It taught me a great deal about the value of being together without being in a hurry. 

As the honored Groom stood at the front of the church that Saturday I was struck with how LONG he stood at the front of the church.  Tim had plenty of time to observe his surroundings, smile at his guests, but mostly he just gazed down the center aisle with sheer anticipation and excitement for his Bride to arrive.

Waiting for her...

She's coming!  Look at that SMILE!
Not the best angle, but there she is!  She looked so beautiful!
Finally together.  Love the happy tears!
And so it begins....

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

It's so fun to read about all your adventures Ab :) Looks like you had a blast! Love ya!

mycouponbasket said...

Wish you a happy married life and God bless.

Tricia said...

Finally I am getting around to seeing your pictures and reading your blog! Such a wonderful time...so glad you all were here!!! Love you!