We're Moving...Somewhere

Many people have been asking if there are any job updates.  No.  Nothing.  Not even a speck of a chance anywhere.  We don't mind the question, but we never have an answer.  And we probably won't have any answers until the very last possible second.  


We did experience God in a cool way last night.  It was His way of showing us that He has not forgotten our situation, and does have something up His sleeve for us.  You see, we are officially moving out of our house.  Our landlords met with us this week, and want to sell the house we're renting.  Since our lease isn't up until July, they have offered to pay us to move out early.  The earlier we move, the more they'll pay.  We see this as a sign from God that He IS doing something, and He IS working.  We don't know where we'll move to, or when.  We obviously can't move into another rental since we might be leaving the area.  It all depends on where God has a job for Chuck next.  I'm thinking living in our car might work out OK for a bit.    

This is kindof a cool thing, but also very stressful.  Packing stinks, we just got to this house, and now we have to repack all over again.  With no place to go.  I wonder why God had us in this house for these months?  It would have been much easier to have stayed in our apartment, but oh well.  I'm not The One in control of my life, so why do I bother asking?  Gah.  I just have to say again I HATE packing. I really hate it.  Also, I don't think moving somewhere new is fun or an adventure.  I think it stinks.  I was talking with a friend the other day who also has to move out of her rental house, and she is equally as annoyed.  It's so, so, so good for the soul to have those friends who I can share my true feelings with, and I won't get a sermon from.  I can say, "I hate packing.  Moving stinks.  Losing our job stinks."  And she will say, "YES!  It totally does!"  Of course, I already know the sermon answers, and don't need them.  Chuck and I strongly believe that God is here. He is with us.  He will carry us.  We get it. But the process still stinks.  

I need to end on a happy note.  I LOVE MY MAN!  Here we are on Christmas day when I surprised him with the skydiving certificate I mentioned in another post.  It makes me so happy to make him happy!

See my face?  So happy!  A huge, successful surprise!  

We're in love.... =)  Also, I love my Aunt and Gram sitting behind us.  Sweet memories.

3 comments:

Tara @ Movie Bites said...

There are lots of churches in Columbus. ;) Praying for you guys. We know that feeling of no definite plans oh too well!

Mrs. Schaefer said...

Yup, moving sucks. I've moved more times than I want to think about. If you need any help packing and/or moving, please let us know!

Also - you're the best wife EVER for getting Chuck a skydiving certificate. :-)

Unknown said...

Can I say that I totally agree with you that packing things and moving out is horrible? We just moved into a new house and the whole process totally wore me out; I couldn’t even go to the proper bed room come sleeping time! Though thinking about that now, I’m glad that we’ve had help with transporting our things from and to. I don’t want to imagine the whole ordeal if we’re the ones to drive those boxes. You two look lovely together and I wish you’ll find the new home that you both will love.

Stasia Delatorre