Long New Beginning

It's been a looooooooooong new beginning for us.  We've been on this journey since October, and now only have 3 nights left in our adorable, quaint little house.  3 nights!  Chuck and I both feel pretty at ease.  Though we have so much to organize, most of the leg work is behind us.  Come Tuesday and Wednesday we will be going crazy with busyness!

I have to say, we have been filled up and are overflowing with the love we've received from our NOVA friends, and church family.  It has been incredible to experience such an outpouring of grace and support from our people.  I was talking to my Aunt today, and she commented that I seemed joyful and upbeat.  I don't typically think of myself in that fashion, so it really meant a lot to me.  I told her it was absolutely the Lord giving me that extra grace during a great time of need.

Tomorrow Chuck and I will be giving our "farewell" talk to the teens in the morning.  Feels surreal.  I really don't have the capacity to describe how I'm feeling yet.  Here comes chapter two!

These are some pictures from the last couple of weeks.  Just some of the people we hold so dear to our hearts.

Our AMAZING small group- at a farewell cookout they had just for us!

Some of our other staff friends took us out to lunch- so much fun!

Candy and I's precious small group from this year.  Love these girls.  

Chuck's crazy group of guys!

My beloved college girls thew me a surprise shower for baby boy. (Notice his amazing, tiny, first pair of shoes!)

2 comments:

Mrs. Schaefer said...

What a blessing to have had such a great community!

dubbe said...

We do have a great group of friends who care about us! Great pics! How quickly I forget about those moments together with all the other stuff going on. Thanks for the reminder babe! :)