Who is Full of Joy? Part 2

Not long ago, I heard a story on GMA about a, “Mommy Blogger” who had earned up to $1,500 per post. She ended up quitting because she felt she had to portray a perfect image of her husband and kids at all times. I wouldn’t last long either if I had to pretend to be something I’m not.

I’m a woman who is anxious, fearful, stressed out, angry, bitter, overwhelmed, impatient, quick to speak, slow to listen, slow to forgive, and easily irritated. I knit pick at my husband, yell at my toddlers, don’t read my Bible every day, spout off about people, worry incessantly when I’m afraid I’ve upset someone and I’m hateful, vengeful, manipulative, critical, and cranky. Like really cranky.
There is no good in me, but I am living a joyful life because of one reason. Jesus saved my soul. He died a gruesome death on the cross. He shed his pure and precious blood which paid the price I should have to pay. Yet, I do not have to pay- Jesus paid it ALL. I owe absolutely nothing. I deserve to die. I deserve to rot in Hell. But because Jesus died for me, I am free. Completely free.

Sometimes I forget how evil my heart can be. It’s so much easier to point my finger at everyone else out there. It’s easy to cloud my own mind with thoughts like, “I’m doing my best. Working my hardest.” It’s easy to ask questions like, “How could he/she do such a thing?!” Outside of Jesus, I would act the same way as said, “he/she”.
Love doesn’t cover over hate. JESUS ALONE covers over hate. Jesus alone gives the power to forgive so angriness and bitterness cannot have their way. JESUS is love. If there’s any good fruit that comes from my life, it’s only because of the grace of Jesus. I praise Jesus for that. He is everything.

I’m not a “Mommy Blogger”, though I am a wife to an incredible man, and a Mama to an amazing son and daughter. $1,500 a week could go a long way around here, but I don’t write for income and I don’t write to portray our lives as perfect.
 write to share Jesus’ love of an imperfect girl like me, with hopes to encourage all the imperfect people like you that HE loves you too. Won’t you turn your imperfections over to Him so Jesus can forgive you once and for all? A joyful life of freedom is waiting for you.
 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I praise the Lord for you Roomie and your honesty and love for our Savior! It always encourages me to know I'm not the only one who fails and has bad moments and days. But I can keep going because of the love and grace of my Jesus Christ and all he's done for me! Thank you for writing! I will keep on reading!

Unknown said...

I love your truthfulness and realness. You will so get more than the 1500/weekly when you walk into your mansion in Glory. Ohh I know the 1500 would be nice on this earth though. Thank you for bringing us joy in your writing!!!