Coffee Theology

tomorrow at this time, i very well might be a coffee master. yes, that's correct, i said coffee master. tomorrow morning i am being re-tested on the final two components that prove whether or not i know my coffee stuff. you think i'm kidding? oh no, no, no. in fact, my friend, i have been working on my coffee master's for months now. it involves everything from the dirt in which the coffee bean is grown, to the farmer's who tend to the coffee farms, to the roasting "curve" starbucks is infamous for, to the packaging of our beans, to the brewing equipment in our store, to the quality of our beverages...and on and on and on it goes. my district manager will be testing me orally on my knowledge of our company, and it's product: coffee.

it quite fankly reminds me of college when i had my theology orals. that was a wretched experience, one that i hope i never have to suffer through ever again. but, much like my theo orals, i am expected to know, retain, and explain every aspect of coffee and it's whole realm of existence. crazy all there is to know about one silly little bean that has our world wracking in billions of dollars every year. literally. starbucks sells about 110 million bags of coffee each year. that equals around 400 billion cups of coffee. crazy!

so, let's hope i come home sporting my new exclusive black apron tomorrow. a dream come true...my very own black apron. no more silly green apron for this girl. no siree! seriously, though...i have worked very hard to get to this point, if i become a master, well...let's just wait and see what happends tomorrow morning....

0 comments: