The Other Man in My Life

me 'n father. some where along the line of my life, i started to affectionately call my dad "father". it has always been this silly thing that i would do, and it always made us laugh. but it's just stuck and i almost always answer my phone when he calls "hello father." and he will almost always respond "hello daughter."
i've already sent my gift, and my card (and he's already cried when he read it!), but as i scurry around my apartment today making food, cleaning, making more food, studying, etc. i keep thinking of my precious father.
i have the oldies station blasting. i genuinely LOVE oldies!! my whole life my dad has had the oldies station going whether he was working in the garage, driving me to practice, doing yard work, going on family vacations in the hot wagon or dust buster, or when he and i do our ritual morning coffee run to wawa at the beach and we ride in the truck- always the oldies!
today my heart is smiling knowing that in just a couple months i will see my dad again, we will be together again, and we will listen to oldies as we drive 20 hours across the country together!
i am the way i am because of my dad about these things:
my love for oldies
my love for tastykakes, and hate for little debbies
my love for jersey hoagies
my love for the jersey shore
my love for the beach
my love for coffee
my love to dance (who didn't know that glenn could dance?! you really should see him dance around the dinning room table- the beegee's are his fav! you haven't lived until you've seen his moves!)
my love for sports/running
my love for nice hotels
my love for nice resorts
my love for vacationing
my love for writing
my love for Jesus
my love for living for and following God
my love for family
my love for God's Word
my love for people
my love for The Church
i am who i am because i was loved sooooooooooo much by the most wonderful, most amazing man in the whole wide world!
i love you father.
"happy father's day dad...I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" hahahaha!! :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet!!! and I never knew your dad could dance!!!

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

I bet your dad loved seeing this. Nice serenade Abs.