Writing Corner

So far during our 8 months of marriage, the den has served the purpose of storing our desks and book shelves. Though Chuck does use his desk for the intended purpose, my desk somehow turned into a space for stuff I didn't feel like dealing with. After some re-organizing and throwing away of useless papers my desk came back with a vengeance! Several weeks ago I created a little writing corner for myself.

Since that time I have submitted an article to a magazine and am waiting for approval (or not!) from the board of editors to see if it will be published. I have also been able to submit some ideas to a different magazine with hopes to be published there as well. Lastly, a project for a friend's blog (to be posted sometime in the near future) has been completed as well. I have high hopes for all of these opportunities and am equally excited to see how God works out the details!

In the midst of these quests, God also brought a new friend into my life who shares my passion for writing as well as editing.  (Thanks for your helpful feedback on my article girl!) She is currently working on a novel series with her first book almost complete. I admire her greatly. She has motivated me to move forward in my pursuit of writing. We have decided to join forces as a mini-writing group on occasion. Meeting with a fellow-writer, reading each others work, and sipping coffee at a Starbucks brings such life to my soul! I get giddy just thinking about it. Reminds me of my glorious days at The Loft in Minneapolis. Besides the people, that is something I miss the most about living in MN.

 As to what I'm going to work on next, that is unclear.  I believe my writing is a passion that ebbs and flows as I feel led or inspired.  In the meantime, I am enjoying sitting in my writing corner sharing my thoughts here with the world at large.

4 comments:

gretchen said...

It is so nice to have a space where you feel inspired. I have a great spot on my big couch where the sun comes in bright and warm through the window. I love to write there.
Keep pursuing and I look forward to seeing how God writes your story. Love ya!

jane amos said...

ahhh i love seeing where you are.... i can picture you sitting in your den. in your home that you love. i can picture you writing more and more...knowing how that fills your heart with so much joy. Gods gift to you. i can picture you at bux with your new writing friend. what a sweet gift from above...

JZ said...

your stories are so encouraging! i wish you the best with your articles. i'd love to read them when they are published. i love to write as well. sometimes i wonder why God gave me this gift because i often question my talent for it. but i know God can use us if we are simply willing to be used, so i applaud you for being an earthen vessel in His hands. we should get coffee sometime soon.

The Owl said...

Roomie! I am so excited to see where this all takes you! LOVE YOU!