The Sweetest Thing

I'm back in my writing corner. It is warm in here because the hallway vent and the den vent are both blowing on me. Blasts of heat = perfect writing temperature.

So some of you have heard the story about our neighbor who fell right outside our apartment and broke her ankle. I witnessed the entire tragedy, yelled for Chuck and we both ran outside to help. It was an awful situation for our neighbor. I want to spare the details for her privacy, but it was truly traumatic.

She ended up being in the hospital for two weeks with multiple surgeries. Throughout this situation it has been a pleasure for Chuck and I to serve our neighbor and her mother (who flew up to help her daughter as she recovers). Though it is such a tough situation for our neighbor, it has been great to build a relationship with her and her mom.

Today I went over to their apartment to check in on the ladies. They invited me in and as we were chatting, my neighbor said, "I'm glad you're here. I have something for you and Chuck." To my utter surprise, she handed me two hats. I literally gasped. She MADE Chuck and I each a different winter hat. Like literally KNITTED them for us! My hat is the most adorable style and it's PURPLE! How amazing is that?! Chuck's is gray and black, which he totally needed.

I am touched that she would do such a sweet thing for us. I don't think I have ever been so surprised and graced with such a special gift.

I convinced Chuck to model his hat with me. I cherish this day and how much this hat means to me.

  

 

 

4 comments:

jane said...

sooo sweet! the hats are both so "you"!!! very cool. thanks for sharing!

dubbe said...

Yes, that was indeed very nice of our neighbor! I'm glad you posted all three poses. ha. ;) Btw, readers take note, our window in the background finally has some nice curtains as of last night.

Katie said...

So cute!!! :D That's awesome!

JZ said...

Thats so cute! They both totally fit your style too! God is so great to bless us in crazy ways! :]