1 Year

Before...


After...



Saturday was our 1 year anniversary of getting engaged!  I knew the date was approaching, but on Saturday it didn't even cross my mind.  Ironically, Katie came over for pancakes that morning.  At one point I looked at my phone, saw the date, and proclaimed, "Aw!  One year ago we got engaged!"  

Shortly after that Chuck returned home and much to my surprise he was holding a dozen red roses!  Then he announced to both of us, "Happy getting engaged one year ago!"  I was truly touched.  I hadn't even thought to get him a card, a written a note, or anything! Later, as I was breathing in the scent of the perfect dozen, I looked up at my adoring husband and sighed, "I'd say yes all over again!" 

* On a side note, I have never had roses that SMELLED so sweet and so incredible!  Whenever I walk by I get a breeze of the heavenly rose scent and I want them to last forever... *

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh the lovey doveyness! you too truly are a perfect match! ;)

JZ said...

SO CUTE!!! I love that you both still have such a passion for each other! It is definitely something that I (as an unmarried woman) can only look forward to in the years to come. I am secretly kind of excited for the day Tommy proposes to me.. is that weird to day? I'm sure he knows that too.. hehe. Anyway, I love reading your posts by the way. I think we should get coffee or lunch sometime soon!

Lisa said...

SO sweet of him to remember :) and celebrate w/you!!

Heidi said...

This is sweet! I can almost smell the roses from MN! :)

me said...

another great story! thanks for sharing!

Jessi and Nic said...

Congrats you two! You are a stellar couple and I am so glad to call you friends!