Big Trip!

Well, I never thought I’d be going on another High School mission’s trip.  But here I am, working alongside Chuck with teens at our church, and of course that means summer trips!  Chuck and I are leading a group of 15 teenagers to attend a conference in Chicago, “Students Equipped to Minister to Peers- SEMP”.  SEMP will be held on the campus of Moody Bible Institute in downtown Chicago.  The teens will be trained in apologetics, and will be able to practice sharing God’s love with people on the streets of the city. 

I am now inviting and asking you to pray for Chuck and me as we lead our group from June 26-July 2.  Please pray for these five areas:

  1. Pray for protection on our marriage.  Pray that God unites us, as we will both be staying with teens for the week. 

  1. Pray for God to give me an excitement and passion in my heart to serve the teen girls all week long, especially when we’re all tired.

  1. Pray for courage from God as street witnessing is intimidating and scary for me.

  1. Pray for strength from God.  We will be getting minimal sleep.  Also, our trip ends with a camp-out back home in VA with the upcoming freshman class.

  1. Pray for open doors and opportunities with unsaved friends at home in VA.  I would love to meet more unsaved people.

If you would like to pray for Chuck and me, we would be honored.  

Lastly, we would like to thank you for praying for us with the recent loss of our baby.  It has been so painful but we have felt God’s peace through your prayers for us.  Pray for my heart in particular at SEMP as I was anticipating with joy being about 5 months pregnant.  It is hard to move forward without our precious one.

Thank you for your love and prayers.  We love you, too!

0 comments: