You Be The Judge

The other day it was beautiful outside.  And by beautiful I mean it was a nice, HOT day in the 80's.  Chuck and I had spent our week with a lot of different people, serving at different events, and were finally allotted an afternoon just for us.  

Since I had never been, we headed over to Old Town Alexandria, the third oldest historic district in the nation.  A neighborhood once home to George Washington and Robert E. Lee!  I love the history around here!  We found a great parking spot and strolled up and down the historic cobblestone streets marveling at the buildings,  enjoying the interesting people all around us, and of course wandered down to the waterfront of the Potomac River.  The river boats were my favorite site, I think.  Those big paddelwheel boats  fascinate me.  Chuck mentioned how you feel like you're in a Mark Twain book and that's exactly what I was thinking, too.  See the "Cherryblossom" in the background?  Super cute.  



Since the weather was so perfect, we absolutely had to get ice cream cones!  We both ordered BABY cones, but I ask you, which cone looks "baby" to you?  And which cone looks like a TOTAL rip off?!  I'll give you a hint, the girl serving CHUCK his cone must have found my husband a lot more attractive than she did me!
With or without a big scoop of ice cream, it was quite a quaint afternoon.  There is something so relaxing about walking around, taking in the sites, and best of all, enjoying my favorite person in all the world.

1 comments:

Tara said...

That's hilarious and yup, you got ripped off. Just remembered I was in Alexandria once...I think in high school.