Mercedes

This is 6 year old Mercedes.  Our new "adopted daughter" of sorts.  We are her "sponsor parents".  Mercedes lives in Peru, and this picture melts my heart.  I wrote Mercedes for the first time today and am so looking forward to connecting with her.

Chuck and I chose this special little girl because she was born on October 21, which was our baby's due date.  We wanted to celebrate the life of our unborn child by supporting another child in need.  I think our baby in Heaven would be pretty happy about this. 

5 comments:

Abi said...

That's so great! I always feel bad for how little we write to our Compassion child (we've been his sponsor since 2004). I think it's such a great way to honor God, and I know you will care for her.

Tracey said...

Aw, sweet pic!

Tracey said...

Come to think of it...have you tried submitting something to this site? They collect inspiring stories; from big to small: www.agreatplace.ca. If chosen as a feature, you can reference your blog :)

Jacana said...

Amazing - thank you for sharing.

Makayla said...

That is so sweet. I was just going through blogs, than I saw yours.