Land of the (sordof) Living

Hello world!  I'm here, just in case you were wondering.  It's day 6 of recovery, and I think overall it has been going well.  I have been through so many other more painful, more difficult things in life that this last surgery has felt like a bit of a breeze.  Don't get me wrong, I haven't been anywhere but in bed or on the couch all week, and I certainly haven't been doing cartwheels or backflips- oh yay,  I don't do those anyway- but as surgeries go, two thumbs up.  Today has been the first day I have been able to tolerate reading.  Reading has made me feel nauseous, especially scrolling through my phone.  Even looking at this computer screen is starting to make me queasy so I better hurry up and finish.

What I can say is:  God is so good, and he has given me a husband that is just crazy-amazing.  I've told Chuck numerous times this week he should have been a nurse.  He has served me constantly and sweetly throughout this entire ordeal.  Even as I type, Chuck is out picking up a Starbucks, unsweetened black iced tea for me, with sweet and low on the side.  (No straw though, that is against recovery rules, such a bummer- I love straws!)  He has bandaged my nose countless times.  You should see how hot I look with gauze and tape plastered to my face.  He has heated up countless meals and prepared a whole lot of toast.  He has kept my medicine schedule on a timer and so sweetly brings it to me with water or Gingerale.  He puts up with my TV show choices, and still chooses what I want to watch even when I tell him he can pick ;).    I have experienced so much love this week, it overwhelms me.

And not just from Chuck.  God has poured out his love on me through many family members and friends.  Would you believe friends brought us dinner on 4 different nights?  And another friend sent us a gift card for another night?  I am so touched, and so humbled, and feel incredibly loved.  The meals have been a huge help, and a huge blessing.  I've also gotten an outpouring of love from friends who have called, emailed, text, or brought gifts.  THANK YOU all for loving me so kindly.

Mostly, I want to thank you for praying for me.  There have been some low points, and discouraging points, and I still have a few battles ahead, but I have known God's peace to be real and true.  And I want to thank you for going to the Father on my behalf.  He has heard you, and he has answered.  I have HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit!  Amen!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I slept well the night before surgery- praise God!  If you could be praying for something specific, I have an appointment on Wednesday that I'm really afraid of.  I think more afraid then I was for the actual surgery.  At this appointment, they will have to go in and clean out the "debris" from surgery.  They'll have to do this several times to prevent infection.  This scares me to death because I'll be awake, and I know how sensitive everything is inside my face.  I was instructed to take my pain medicine beforehand, and that actually scares me more!  Please just pray for that peace that can only come from God!  Thanks so much for praying!

Until next time...

0 comments: