In the Midst

On the outside, the day looks so completely normal. It feels anything but. I've got to be honest and say that the waiting is pretty torturous. It's exhausting because I'm trying to keep myself mentally focused on what is true, and not allow my mind to run ahead to awful extremes. When that happens, and believe me, it does, I have some disciplines I've been practicing to keep my mind PURE. I know someone else out there must be struggling with something in life, or maybe some day someone out there will struggle. I thought I would share what it can look like right in the thick of a really hard time of waiting.

This morning I was reading in my Jesus Calling devotional. One sentence jumped off the page at me, "...whisper My Name. This tiny act of trust brings Me to the forefront of your consciousness, where I belong." Many times today when panic has flooded my mind, I've simply been saying the Name of Jesus out loud! When I've been in public, I've whispered His Name. "Jesus!" His Name alone is SO powerful. SO powerful.

I've also been listening to Scriptures through the YouVersion app. Guys, I am loving it. It's so awesome to hear God's Word out loud while I'm folding laundry, doing dishes, changing diaps or whatever task I'm busy with. I LOVE reading about the amazing Holy Spirit's power in the book of Acts.

The church we attended in Virginia- Reston Bible Church- recently had their women's retreat. Jaye Weigold, a fabulous woman I know from the church, was their speaker. I've been listening to her messages, and have been incredibly encouraged! If you're interested, you can listen here:
https://www.restonbible.org/resources/teaching/women/item/1357-2015-womens-retreat-session-1-we-all-have-a-story

Lastly, Chuck and I have been surrounding ourselves with prayer. We pray separately, we pray as a whole family together, our Pastor came over and (tried to) lay hands on Jase and pray ;), and I also had a group call through Google Hangouts with my college girl friends to pray for us. Prayer is amazing. The Body of Christ is amazing. THANK YOU FOR PRAYING FOR US!

Well, my sweet, amazing Aunt ordered us dinner from our FAV place- Central Pizza- so that's all for now! But what a special gift of love from her, and from Jesus.

God is so GOOD in the midst of waiting...

0 comments: