2

In a few days my baby boy will be turning 2. Sniff sniff. 2 just sounds so incredibly old. We are entering a totally new era here. This boy of mine brings such joy to my heart each and every day. He makes me laugh quite often, and I would probably laugh more if I could spend less time getting angry. ;)

Jase runs on maximum capacity at.all.times. He is smart. He is intelligent. He is fearless. He is brave. He is an overcomer. He is BUSY. He runs. Like everywhere he goes. He went from crawling to running, I think. He is super curious. Ironically, one of his favorite cartoons is Curious George. My Mom gave Chuck a Curious George stuffed animal as a joke once becaue Chuck is a crazy curious person. Now that George is one of Jase's favorite stuffed animals!) He is saying more and more words every day, and it's such a blast to hear what he'll come out with next. He is starting to repeat words that I ask him to repeat. My heart just melts to pieces when he says, "Pleeeeease".

Jase is the most crazy about his Papa. EVERYTHING is about Papa. We go upstairs during the day, and Jase says, "Papa!". When we go back downstairs, "Papa!" A man comes on TV (like Jude Law the other day! ;), "Papa!" When I ask Jase to say, "Mama" he says, "Papa!" EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. The best part of the day is when Papa comes home from work. A lot of times we wait outside, and wait see his car drive around the corner. Jase gets the hugest smile on his face, and runs to the car.

Jase (can be) sweet to his baby sister. He loves to give her a binky, and say, "Hi sissy!" He finds it great fun to rip off her helmet or sit on her back. Boys! Basye is such a tough little thing- she handles her big brother just fine. Watching the two of them (once in a blue moon!) play together just about makes me weep. Sometimes Jase will get in such a silly mood, usually before bed time, and he just laughs and laughs. He'll go right up into Basy'e face and laugh, which always prompts her to break out laughing, as well. I caught it on video once, and it's probably my most favorite video of all times. They are my heart. Truly.

Happy (early) Birthday, my sweet healer, stong man, born of God. May God's blessings upon blessings be all over your second year of life! Papa and I love you like blueberry pancakes and strawberry milkshakes.

0 comments: