A Love Letter


You and I have come a long way. Or rather, I’ve come a long way. You’ve always been there. I love that about you. You wait for me. You are patient. You never push me in our relationship. You allow me space to think, to learn to trust, to process, to dwell, and to understand. I love you for that.

Today, my own words pale in comparison to those already written. These words are a love song in my heart for you. I adore you. I am filled up with you. I’m so in love with you. This song is resounding in my deepest soul for you. My heart burns for you. I want more of you. I long for deeper intimacy! I want to want you more. So, I finish my love letter to you with these words by Jonathan David Helser. I love you, my Jesus. Happy Valentine's Day!

"You’re more real than
The ground I’m standing on
You’re more real than
The wind in my lungs
Abba, I belong to You

You’re closer than the
Skin on my bones
You’re closer than the
Song on my tongue
Your thoughts define me
You’re inside me
You’re my reality

Abba, I belong to you.”

0 comments: