Dear Priscilla- The Armor of God Book Review



 
Dear Priscilla,
 
If I could, I would invite you to my home for coffee and cake (a German tradition I’ve adopted from my hubs) midafternoon while my babies are (hopefully) napping sometime very soon. I would share with you how very important your Bible study, “The Armor of God” has been deep down in my soul these last several months. You have taught that my mind, will, emptions, and conscience are the sum of my soul (Pg. 71). Each of these levels have desperately needed protection from the enemy’s schemes, and you have taught me how to fight.

If you came over and sat at my table, I would tell you this. Thank you, Priscilla. Thank you for writing The Armor of God, and using it to teach me how to fight for freedom in my walk with Jesus on a very practical level.

The book started out with readers being instructed to write out the most difficult people, problems, and circumstances being faced. It was eye-opening, to say the least, to find out these dire situations were actually part of the enemy’s attack on my life.

Thank you Priscilla for helping me dig into Ephesians 6:10-19 in such a way I now actually feel equipped with the armor of God. I know how to put each piece on, and I’m able to recognize the importance of the helmet of salvation, all the way down to the shoes of peace. Writing out my own “Actionable Intel” each day was of huge importance to help me narrow down the specific message God was speaking. I have posted my Prayer Strategy cards all around the house, and carry them with me when I travel. They are an invaluable resource. To have Scripture up on the walls of our home alone carries power.



f you came over to my house for coffee and cake, I would hug you and probably burst into tears as I recounted story after story of the battles I’ve won in Jesus because of the weapons I’ve learned to fight with. I’ve been able to clearly see the enemy is real, but he is nothing compared to the Spirit who reigns within me. All glory to Jesus, for The Battle is already won.

Thank you Priscilla for writing a book God has used to help shape my soul to live a free, peaceful, and full life despite the waging war. Colossians 3:2-3, “Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on the earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”  

With much love and gratefulness, Abigail




0 comments: