The Secret Garden

This past Saturday, May 14, my little brother married the most perfect girl for him! Allow me to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. John Mark Amos!


After almost a week away from home, I returned back to our regular routine, but with a new sense of joy in my heart. I felt relaxed. I felt happy. I felt at peace. I felt rejuvenated. I felt something bubbling inside me, but I couldn't quite place my finger on what it was. I didn't want to interact with my regular world yet. I wanted to stay in the bubble of wonder. I wanted to soak myself into what I had just experienced. As I contemplated this, I realized I was genuinely rejoicing for John Mark and Elizabeth. I was deeper than happy or even thrilled- I was worshipping our God with them.

Elizabeth had a dream to marry John Mark right outside her family's farmhouse in a tucked-away "Secret Garden". The forecast for their wedding day was bleak, at best. Cold temps and rain were almost certain. I felt an ache in my soul over the thought of Elizabeth not being able to get married in the perfect spot she had dreamed of. The very place her Dad and family members had worked so hard to maintain. There was a major downpour during rehearsal, so we ended up practicing in the family barn- which was Plan B. Though it was darling in there, Elizabeth's desire was to be outside in her Secret Garden.

I think this is the part that just sticks in my soul. Wouldn't you know the morning of their wedding was sunny and absolutely beautiful! Not a drop of rain. Not one dark cloud. It was a perfect miracle from Jesus- His very blessing shining down on John Mark and Elizabeth. His sweet gift to them alone. He fulfilled the desire of His sweet daughter, Elizabeth's heart. GOD IS LOVE.



At one point during the ceremony, the bridal party gathered around the Bride and Groom to pray over them. I was honored to be able to participate! While I was praying, I kid you not, the sun burst through the sky and shone brightly over them! My back got so warm from the hot sun, I couldn't help but squeal (after the prayer, and very quietly!) to them, "The sun is shining!" God, what a good, good God you are. How striking to experience His tenderness and love to them.



It did end up raining later in the day, but the reception was in the darling barn and everything turned out perfectly!


Yep, that's my funny little guy running away while Uncle Luke snaps his suspenders! =)
Now for the picture blast you've all been waiting for!

Chuck made the sign Jase carried down the aisle- my man is amazingly talented!


 
 









 
Congratulations to my little brother, and brand new little sister! Love you guys to pieces!  






0 comments: