Tomorrow

She just loves strutting around in her pink boots!
I often wonder why my baby girl has had so much happen to her little physical body her first year of life? I don't really need an answer, it's just something I wonder. I've spent a lot of time worrying over her, pretty much since she arrived and had to be whisked away from me in the hospital so as not to catch the flu from her own Mama. It boggles my mind when I consider how many things have come up since then that we've had to face head-on for her.

It's easy to get choked up thinking about facing another huge, physical obstacle for her first thing tomorrow morning. Thankfulness reigns in my heart as she has absolutely no fear or anxiety heading into surgery because she's a baby. She has no fears because she doesn't know what's coming. A lot of times I think the anticipation is the worst part of situations like these. I can't wait until her surgery is over, and she's well on her way to recovery.


God has blessed me with a certain amount of peace this week, but as Basye's eye surgery draws near, I find my stomach in knots, and my hands shaking just a little most of the time. I fully believe and am counting on the grace and peace of Jesus to flood us tomorrow during her surgery, and during her recovery. I'm banking on it, because I know my Jesus. I know His goodness. I know His faithfulness. I know His peace. I love Him so much for it.

We SO appreciate your prayers for our Basye Jane. She is a fighter. She is resilient. She is strong! She is our Daughter of the Lord, gift of grace.

They will begin prep for surgery on her at 7:30am tomorrow morning.

0 comments: