Dandelions, by Penny Heilman

Hey All! I've asked my friend, Penny to share some of her beautiful poetry and photography with us for the next couple weeks. I met Penny through my beloved group, The Write Space which meets as a division of Infused Arts through Living Word Community Church. I'm so honored to share her artistry with you readers! Please enjoy!




Dandelions – An Acrostic Poem

 
Deeply rooted, faithful,

Arrive on time each year.

Never have the dandelions failed to reappear.

Does it ever make you wonder why this weed is so despised?

Every time we take its life, it only multiplies.

Little yellow wonders,

Invite us to embrace their

Overcoming power, despite the things we face.

Notice how the dandelions give way to the wind.

Standing tall, they give their all, so new life can begin.

 Penny Heilman, Copyright 2016

 

For Reflection:  In what ways do dandelions remind you of Jesus?

0 comments: