Colors of Brokenness, by Penny Heilman


Colors of Brokenness
Penny Heilman
(Read more about Penny here.)
 
 

 

A fallen leaf before its time

While others flourished green

Torn and taken from the tree

O spinning, spiraling me

 

Why did the others get to stay

While I was called to wither

And take my place here on the dust

Where frightening creatures slither

 

The view was better from up high

So clear and undisturbed

But since I’ve settled to the ground

My vision has been blurred

 

Rays of hope from the sun

Visit on occasion

Revealing shades I’ve never seen

Around my deep abrasion

 

Yet in the shadow of the wound

I cannot remain

The colors of my brokenness

Bring peace into the pain

 

A fallen leaf before its time

Offensive still it seems

Yet being transformed by God’s hand

O changing, colorful me

 

 

© 2012 Penny Heilman

0 comments: