Book Review: Little Bible Heroes Daniel & Miriam

The concept of books written for children about Hero's from the Bible is excellent. I appreciate any resource that can be used to teach my children about the Bible. Author Victoria Kovac, and illustrator David Ryley created a book I believe best suited for elementary age children.

While reading the Daniel book to my toddler-age son, I had to leave out a lot of the story. Since he's so little, I don't like to read stories to him that focus on bad dreams and wicked men. The use of words like, "Israel, Babylon, Jerusalem, and conquer" cause my son to be uninterested. He really likes the pictures, so if I share my own version of the Daniel story with words he understands, he will stick with it.



I have attempted to read the Miriam story to him several times, but he's only been interested in hearing it one time. I think he simply likes hearing about Daniel because Daniel is a boy! Again, I don't like reading stories to my young son that include words like, "evil Pharaoh, babies killed, and real family" at his age. This book would also be much better suited for older children.



0 comments: