Rays

i woke up this morning completely hungry to feast on anything God had to tell me! i keep a Bible next to my bed, with a journal of course, and so i rolled over, grabbed my Bible and just opened it up- the pages fell open to the amazing book of Titus. i just poured over what Titus was telling me, as a woman. it's pretty concise, clear, and something God wanted to tell me. i loved every minute of it. there i was, all cozy in my bed, the warm spring sun shining through my window and God speaking His Words of Truth over me.

if you hadn't known my struggles for the past little while, then this wouldn't mean much to you. but, coming from a place of a cold, yet desert heart, this morning felt like a major milestone. God can break down walls, He can warm hearts- and He is softening mine.

it feels good. really good to be in a place where God is speaking to my heart, i am listening, and something is going to happen...

it feels really good to soak in the rays of His love, when so many times i hide in the darkness for fear that the rays of His love are going to burn me. but they never do- His rays of love only pour over me, giving me a golden glow that is absolutely, unmistakably of Him.

1 comments:

Kylene Bak said...

really beautiful word picture abby. i can relate right at this moment as the sun is shining here. i just read through some of joshua where he continues to tell him and the israelites not to be afraid and they were able to conquer 31 kings and take over a huge piece of land that God had promised to them. its amazing what God can do when we trust in him and not allow fear to hold us back. and i can understand the desert heart as well coming out of that myself. maybe its the spring with life sprouting up all over even in our hearts. yesterday on my walk i saw a funny contrast a bush covered with old dead leaves and right in front of it were some blossoming crocus floweres bloomin with life. a funny contrast. hope today you are just as delighted with what God wants to speak into your life from His word.