BIZARRE!

so i've been knocked out twice in the past week. that can't be good for me. i'm still arguing in my mind whether i was really knocked or, or not- but the fact that my memory is non-existant during both episodes, leads me to believe i blacked out for a second or two. it doesn't really matter if i was conscience the whole time or not. the point is, i've been knocked down to the ground twice as of late! what the heck?

exhibit A- a football game, touch football mind you. i was instructed by the QB (the names are being left out to protect the identities of the individuals at fault) to yell "blitz!" and charge the opponent. so, as a good little team member, i set myself to charge the guy- hear "hike!" and i run- full force- towards him. per instructions i also yelled, "bli...." and the next thing i know my body is pumled (this is the part i can't recall!)- and all of the sudden i am laying FLAT on my back in the dirt. the weird thing is, although this was quite painful, i started cracking up! then tears kept coming (although i was not crying!) and i just kept having to wipe them away.

over the next several hours, the pain in my body began to sink in and i have been sore ever since. (almost a week ago!) how bizzarre!

exibit B- i am at work, as usual. i see "grande soy wet cap" comin' towards me, and i KNOW he's gonna ask me to turn down the music. (this irritates me more then i can express- he comes in almost every day, and EVERY day asks us to turn the music down so low, it can not be heard. it leaves the store void of any music- which makes it horribly boring and irritating!) so i see him coming and to avoid hearing his words, "can ya turn the music down?" (i'm using my imitating voice for those of you who know it) i rush towards the back room to turn it down before he can ask me. i hold up my hand (as i'm moving to the back room) and say, "i'm gonna..." and WHAM! the swinging back room door clunks me right in the face- smack in between my eyes and my foreheard. again- memory is gone during this time- the next thing i know, i'm FLAT on my back on the ground. and again, i start cracking up, and the tears start coming, although again, i am not crying. the goose egg balloons up, and now i am stuck with a bruise on my face but thankfully it can't be seen, really.

HOW BIZARRE.

9 comments:

Heather said...

How is it that you have been knocked out twice and I have been training in the Martial Arts for going on 9 years and have never been knocked out? Now I just jinxed myself. Oh, well.

Chuck said...

Don't worry, there was no obvious bump/bruise this morning when I got my drink from you. Be sure to keep an eye out for touch football defenders and fast moving doors (and anything else that might cause you harm)!

Tara said...

WHAT in the world?!! I have no words, but a big goofy smile...

Tara said...

This is Mark. . .I don't post but thought this topic deserved a response! My only question is. . .Did Eric have anything to do with the football????

You going to start wearing a helmet to work now?

Eric said...

Mark!?! What the heck! Why would I have anything to do with the football - i'm both hurt and offended. You're just upset because Abby took a bigger hit in a two hand touch game than you took in your whole football career....it's probably because she wasn't wearing a pink shirt.

Jamie said...

I'll admit to orchestrating the trick "blitz" call. It would have worked beautifully if a certain guy (who will remain nameless...although he has red hair, smiles a lot, is handy with a hammer, and is getting married in less than three weeks) didn't pull a TV Commercial Tate on the only female representative on Eric and my team.

Tara said...

(Mark again) DAAANNNN!!!!! Sorry Eric, I guessed the first incident happened on your retreat so I picked you. . . Now for the pink shirt comment, Jamie can say all he wants about QB's not getting touched during practice but all bets are off during a game.

Shearer, didn't realize you had a little "Tate" in your blood. . .looks like you played the wrong "football"

kiltsandthistles said...

You poor girl. I feel soo bad for you though I couldn't help but chuckle. Here's hopin there are no more mishaps with doors or football games. As for Mr. Turn the music down, ask him to sit outside :-). Music is for everyone not just him. :-)

K8y said...

ouch... that sounds like it hurt. in answer to your question on my blog... my friend joe knows one of your friends and he was reading your blog and directed it to me because he said it sounded like me..almost exactly. it was a little weird. and i don't usually comment on blogs that i don't know the person but i was so astounded by the similarities that i had to!:)