white...

do you ever just forget who you are? without even realizing it, i have!

it's not like it goes "oh shoot! i forget who i am...let me try to find me...". it comes from some where else. some where deeper. i'm walking along in life, happy as can be, and some thing from some where deep comes outta nowhere and says "hey! listen up...you forgot about yourself in this (whatever this is) way!"

I LOVE DISCOVERING ME!

don't get me wrong. i am in no way being conceited, or stuck on myself. but it's absolutely liberating to discover new and old parts of ME. it's soooooooo freeing to be true to myself. it's a feeling that is tangible. it's like locking eyes with a guy (or girl!) that you are super attracted to. or holding hands for the first time. or having an attractive guy (or girl!) smile at you, and only you. it's THAT kind of feeling.

i guess why it's so lovey-dovey to figure parts of myself out is because it's really some thing so intimate between God and me. it's God speaking to me, loving me, adoring me, and some times i forget that!

what i've re-discovered in the last couple days is a PHENOMINAL book. you know that book that you've read numerous times, and EVERY time you love it even more?! i had forgotten about this book, but i grabbed it off my shelf on tuesday night, and haven't put it down since!


it's the third time i've read through it, and it teaches me some thing new EVERY time. it speaks so sweetly to my soul, i can hardly fathom the healing touches that God has used once again on my heart. it's a must-read for every girl, woman, and female alive.

5 comments:

Laura Siegrist said...

i forgot about that book! i remember reading it a bunch of times too. i love hearing how inspired you are...it's contagious!

Marissa said...

I'm so glad that you discovered something new about yourself! I'd have to agree... it is a wonderful feeling!

Tara said...

I do always think of you and your mom when I hear this title. Still never read it though...

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby,
So guess what? Dannah actually graduated from Cedarville and her mentor there was my mentor a few years later. Dannah has started a huge ministry now and often has conferences at the CU campus. It is a great book isn't it?!

Faith, Hope & Lovebugs said...

I'll have to read that book! I am always up for a new book to read. :)

your friend,
tricia