The National Christmas Tree!




I got to see The National Christmas Tree this past Friday night! I'll admit before moving, I had never even heard of it! But I was invited, and more then excited to check it out! We rode The Metro downtown (which I loved!) and only had to walk a little bit before the tree was in sight.

I think I squealed when I first caught a glimpse of it. To say it's enormous is an understatement! Obviously, it's so big you can't even see the whole tree in the picture. One of my favorite parts were the 57 other tree's surrounding The Big Guy in the middle. I know there are not 57 states in our country, but I can't honestly remember what the extra ones are. One was Portico, Portugal, or something. =) ANYWAY there was a smaller Christmas tree for each state in our country!

Well, as we crossed each "M state" tree I was getting more and more excited to find the Minnesota tree! Once it appeared, I leaned closer to read the lil sign, and what do I see? None other then the sign displaying our very own BACHMAN'S, who decorated the Minnesota tree! I totally freaked! I made my friend take a million pictures of the sign so I could show every one! I was flooded with Bachman's/Patricks memories and my heart was so warmed!
It was a beautiful night with beautiful trees and beautiful lights and beautiful company! I am so thankful that God has given me NEW Christmas memories in my new state! (Fur and I at Bachman's!)

9 comments:

Dawn Fortune said...

Hey there. Found you through a random search, so don't be freaked.

Located near the US Capitol like you are, there are many dozens of Minnesotans nearby if you need to hear a hearty "Oh yeah, you betcha!" Take a tour of the Capitol and look up your Congressional delegation offices. I'm not suggesting that your elected officials are going to make you feel all warm and fuzzy, although they may pose for a picture in their office but chances are the young staff who work in their offices might be fun to talk with and they MUST have connections with other locals who are in the metro area.

I don't know that you'll find lutefiske anywhere in Washington, but those congressional types might know where to find a decent German butcher or a local bakery that makes lefse. Good luck!

Lisa said...

Oh Fur : ) that picture warms my heart. And I love your Bachman's pride! I'm not surprised that they were the ones to sponsor the MN tree--they don't mess around! And may I say that you look STUNNING in the tree picture ; )

Anonymous said...

My AbAb, so jealous you got to see the National Christmas Tree! So amazing!

P.S. You look fantastic in that green dress I love!

Chuck said...

Cool picture Abs! Is that the MN tree or the National tree? I hope you have a great upcoming Christmas! Any fun plans?

Full of JOY said...

Thanks girls! =) And Chuck, that's The National Christmas tree. But, I did add the Bachman's sign!! I am going home and am so excited!! What about you??

Chuck said...

Actually Abs, I will be spending Christmas this year with Jamie, Gretchen, and the girls at Gretchen's family - should be a blast! I have two weeks off from my internship sites, and I am also looking at going to NC to see E and Lisa, but I cannot find a good enough deal on airline tix from priceline.

the way I see it... said...

you look cold.

the way I see it... said...

maybe it's b/c your jacket is cute and not warm :)

dubbe said...

I don't remember you squealing when you saw the tree, but I do remember you screaming when you saw the rat. My left arm might still have your finger imprints. ha. j/k