While You Were Sleeping

Hi Father! This post is especially for YOU! Peg was clicking pictures while we were waiting for your surgery to be over! This is what we do for hours and hours while we wait...and wait...and wait...I think you had the easy part! You were fast asleep! ;)

Update: Dad got all 59 (YES! 59!) staples out today! His stitches, too! YAY!
This is the screen I've mentioned in previous posts. Dad had a special code so we could watch how his surgery was progressing.
Big Mel and Johnny Cakes. Absolutely thrilled to have their picture taken! This is in the first family waiting room- the NICE one!

Aunt Cynth and I Facebook stalking! Her famous line of the day, "Why can't we just STAY in this room?!"


My amazing mother. Cool, calm, and collected. I get teary-eyed just thinking about the strength our God has given her. I hope I am half the woman she is some day.



This post is especially meaningful because it gives such an amazing up-close and personal look at the incredible PEACE that God washed over us while we waited for my dad to get out of surgery. How else, but through Jesus, could you explain our looks of peace and contentedness? Prayer is powerful and effective.
Pictures are worth more then a thousand words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what a sweet post and what a joy to see you all at peace during that difficult time in your lives. We were all praying!!

Anonymous said...

Ab-ser, thanks for doing your very best to keep us all updated on your oh-so-loved dad. This was one of the neatest prayer blogs - what a privilege to be praying w/ so many that care and who trust the heart of God! -Luv you, Aunt K

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord your home. We will keep praying for you and your health and the family.
the Bohn's

Unknown said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I am still praying for your Daddy every single day. He is a great man. I hope he is home recovering! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Are you going to CS?