LOVE

Last night Chuck and I rented a movie. It was my turn to pick (even though we typically like the same movies anyway!) so I chose the most recent N. Sparks movie. Chuck was out like a light after about 5 minutes (still jet laggin' from his trip to Germany) so I essentially watched the whole movie by myself. I am totally not a movie-crier. My heart turns to stone for some reason when I watch movies! Last night was no exception. It was a horribly sad and depressing film, and I sat there dry-eyed regardless.

When the credits started rolling Chuck finally woke up and that's when it hit me. He was still pretty drowsy but I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and whispered, "I love you..." and he responded, "I love you too..." and then I said as tears sprang to my eyes, "NO! I love you!" The tears continued to pour as I felt this man's arms around me and tried to fathom our relationship.

This man loves me in a way I never knew existed. He cherishes me like nothing I've ever experienced. This man sacrifices, gives, plans, adores, treasures, admires, encourages, gives things up, and loves like no other. As I began to grasp all that he is to me, and is for me the realization arose in my heart that some day he would die (THANKS to that depressing film!). Chuck gently reminded me that if God chose to take either of our lives early on, it would be for His plan and His purpose. He encouraged me that is why God comes first, and no other. This morning I had no choice but to fall on my knees in the shower, thanking God for this man in my life and at the same time, opening my hands and surrendering Chuck to Him.

I wanted to paint a picture of how unbelievably amazing my man is! So, moving forward from my last post, after the romantic picnic The Rose Quest lead me around the house to special spots of moments we had shared there. I followed several more riddles, and collected several more roses at places like where he picked me up for our first date, and the place outside where we had our first precious kiss.

From the house, we ventured on to a photo studio! When we walked in I glanced around, unsure of what to find there! As I looked up, the guy behind the desk presented ANOTHER rose with another sweet card attached! For the next hour, Chuck and I had our own personal photographer in our own personal studio! We posed, laughed, hugged, kissed, smiled, and had an amazingly fun time geting our pictures taken! It was seriously SUCH a blast! We even got to pick out our favorites, and Chuck insisted on buying me the extra collage that our photographer had created. He suggested putting the date on the picture (Him knowing what the night was about to hold, me not knowing!) and now we have that picture with that date to save for the rest of our lives! The Rose Quest continued on from there...

2 comments:

Katie said...

So I can NOT wait to see the pics... I must have one sent to me here in Iraq! and yes, God is good and He is LOVE! :D

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Glad you are continuing your story! Sounds like a romantic man!