Greenish

There are just those major high's in life when God blows me out of the water, over and over.  Last night was one of those nights.  It was the GREENEST night ever.  We praise GOD for how HE is providing for and taking care of us.

Chuck was going to be home a little later from work, so I was able to catch up with 2 friends on the phone, only to be utterly amazed and shocked with what God was doing in each of their lives.  I had chills all over during both conversations.  I had tears in my eyes as I heard each woman pour out her heart at God's power, mercy, and adoring love for each of them.  I am blessed to have friends who love God and are examples to me of how to walk by faith.

Crazy enough, while I was actually still on the phone, Chuck arrived home saying someone was outside wanting to look at our car that we were trying to sell.  Well when I got off the phone, absolutely elated for a dear friend, there were people sitting in our living room.  I proceeded to greet them and that's when I noticed the GREEN cash on the table.  I stuttered a bit and said, "Oh....Oh...so you're buying the car?!"  We had posted it less then 48 hours earlier!  Praise God!  Praise God!  We are now a one car fam!  (Isn't that so GREEN of us?!)


After dinner we then went Christmas tree shopping!  We had been given a wedding gift of money to buy Christmas decorations.  GREAT gift!  We had planned to buy a 7 foot tree, a tree stand, lights, and ornaments.  As we began scouting out tree's at several different places it became increasingly clear that if we did purchase a 7 foot tree, and a stand, we had no money left over for lights, or ornaments!  Hmmm...


The third place we stopped, just as we were getting pretty bummed about our situation, we walked up this path to be utterly elated at what was in front of us.  There was a little cluster of baby Christmas tree's!  We immediately looked for the prices and were even more elated to see that THEY were in our price range!  Chuck got this enormous grin on his face and started to get a little giddy.  The tree was so liiiiiittle and cute I couldn't even stand it.  Chuck's little boy glee combined with the adorable baby Christmas tree gave me no choice but to peak out from my furry hood, look up into his face, and said, "Alright!  We can get it!"  We both cracked up laughing at our tiny, baby, GREEN Christmas tree.


With just enough money, we got the tree, a skirt, and some lights.  Then we went to Target where we each picked out our first ornament and one box of tiny ornaments!


We are praising God for His constant provision for us!  We are rejoicing!


Tonight we are decorating our baby tree....pictures to come....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! God is a God who always provides!

Heidi said...

Awesome Abs!

gretchen said...

What great memories you are making. Jamie and I are still decorating our first Christmas tree that we bought 13 years ago and I still get warm fuzzies every time we unwrap each ornament. It is like a testimony to God's faithfulness all along the way. Merry 1st Christmas!

dubbe said...

Abs, so true, so true! We had an awesome evening! One more green thing: I had green peas for dinner that night. haha. Remember we were waiting forever for the light to turn green when we bought our tree, when a guy told us we had to back up our car to trigger the light? ha.

jane amos said...

ahhh this is a great story! thanks for sharing. God is so good, indeed....