I do want to share Jesus...the good news!

Finding out that my Doctor was switching practices was a big bummer.  I felt an emotional attachment to her on a number of levels.  Not the least of these being I hadn't shared Christ's love with her yet.  This led me to my typical best course of action:  I wrote her a letter.  I thanked her for numerous personal things, and went on to tell her how God loved her.  Since I am apart of a fantastic church body, Reston Bible Church, I also invited her to come anytime.  The letter got put in the mail, with high hopes it would actually reach my Doctor before she left.

Weeks later, I was still going into the office every week for blood work (still am for that matter, what a loooooong process- have I mentioned how long this process is?!).  Last Monday I sat in my usual gray blood-drawing seat.  I am so not a fan of those seats.  You know the ones with the arm "rest" thing that comes down in front of you and traps you onto the seat so you can't get out?  My arm never feels at rest there, that's for sure.  Ugh.  While waiting for the inevitable, the office manager wandered in to check in on how I was doing.  I'll call her Sara.

Sara was full of  kindness and sorrow for me.  Very touching.   She began to share with me that she's not a spiritual person but during times like losing a baby she has to wonder about such things.  Ding ding ding!  I LOVE TO SHARE JESUS!  And God gave me the most wonderful chance to tell her how good God had been to me during such a sad time.  I got to share how God had been my comfort.  She then questioned how I could still feel so sad if God was my comfort?  In so many words, I told her honestly that God was my strength for each day and that was enough, even though it still hurt.

THEN ladies and gentlemen, Sara said to me, "Didn't you write the Dr. a letter?"  She continued, "It was the most beautiful letter.  And didn't you invite her to your church?  What church was that?"  Oh my.  As we continued to talk, I told her all about RBC with joy in my heart.  I got to tell her how God had used the people of that church to really lift me up during this time.  Sara then said, "Well, the Dr. definitely got your letter before she left."  Hallelujah.

Nothing forced, nothing unnatural.  Just God opening wide the door to a great conversation during a time and in a place I would never have been able to predict.  This is exactly how I love to share the love of Jesus.  God has used this scenario to lift my spirits and remind me that I do love to talk about Him.  Just because I don't enjoy being guilted in to sharing the gospel with people, doesn't mean I don't love sharing HIM!

Thank you God for such an amazing opportunity.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful! God DOES open the doors wide for us to share. What I love is that I've noticed (and see it with your story) that it just pours out when I'm seeking Him first. You've gone through something really... no words to describe... yucky. And it's amazing that you are seeing Him use you and bring Glory to Himself in the midst of it. Still thinking and praying for you guys often.

Jamie said...

thanks for sharing abs.

Anonymous said...

Awesome....truly awesome!