Thankful...How creative.

Though my heart is plummeting face first into the holly, jolly Christmas season I am still reminding myself of all that I have to be thankful for.  On Thanksgiving night, Chuck and I opened up the jar we made during the FFA's and read our little snippets of thankfulness we had written about for the past month.  We had much to thank God for. 

I am so.very.thankful. for my husband.  I know that sounds totally cliche to be thankful for my husband, but I just feel like I have been extra-specially-blessed by my man.  He's my best friend, and I love to spend any waking minute with him that I can.  Even going to the grocery store is suddenly fun when my man is by my side.  He gets me, and that gives me a crazy amount of appreciation for him.  He really gets me.  We women are not easy creatures to understand, and to have Chuck's total support of who I am is wonderful.

He gets that I love to get my hair done by Sharon alone.  He gets that I love to read- sometimes even 3 or 4 books at time.  He gets that I like to start Christmas shopping in October.  He gets that I always need to drink soy milk lattes.  He gets my heart for people, and the times I cry just because I feel for someone.  He gets my adoration of iced tea.  He gets that I love to sleep in.  He gets that I long to be a Mother, and knows exactly what to say when another month goes by.  ("I"m sorry Babe.") He gets that I love to write, but am OK with the fact I will probably never have a writing career.  He gets that I love to talk to my Mom.  He. Gets. Me.  And I am crazy in love with him.

To give you a flavor of Chuck, check out this picture.  Several weeks ago, my family got together for the weekend.  He insisted on pushing me around in this dumb old wheel barrel, and I thought it was a ridiculous idea.  My SIL was snapping pictures of us, and I had to laugh.  I couldn't help it.  Chuck is all about having a fun time, and coming up with crazy, new ideas. Even if that means pushing around his 30-year-old-wife in a rusty wheel barrel filled with dirty leaves. 


Speaking of having a fun time, Chuck also tends to push the line when it comes to having fun.  Though I may rant and rave about some of his silly ideas, deep down inside, I love that about him.  He constantly makes me laugh.  Chuck truly believed it would be a great idea to have my family climb a tree- yes, that's right- climb a tree for a photo shoot.  Maybe Chuck's not the crazy one, because my family actually listened to him.  It was so ridiculous, but he insisted it would work.  He had set up a tripod for our camera, and was emphatic about the fact that he could set the timer, run over, climb up the tree, turn around and smile for the camera- all in 12 seconds.  I'll let you decide how well that worked....

At least he has a cute booty.  Notice how the boys are looking quite confused.  And my SIL is still smiling for the camera!  Only Chuck could get Grandpa to scale a tree.

One final thought about Chuck is his sense of adventure.  Even little adventures.  He raked up a massive amount of leaves for my nephews to jump in, but he couldn't just "leave" it at that.  He had to make the pile bigger, and put it right in front of the swing so the boys could fly off into the leaves.  Of course they had a blast.  But I think Chuck was the one who had the biggest blast!

Oh wait, where are the nephews?!



    My heart is full for him.  What can I say?  I'm truly thankful. 

4 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE this post! :) Makes my heart happy!

Jessi and Nic said...

This is a super sweet post! I love you and Chuck! What a wonderful match you are!

Tricia said...

This was so fun to read! He is a good husband...and a good son!

Heidi said...

I just remembered tonight that you had told me to read this post. LOVE the family photo, and Chuck is hilarious thinking he could jump up into that tree in time! A for effort, Chuck!