Advent Day 1 & 2

Happy German Advent!  And American Advent, of course.  We opened our big package from Germany yesterday and had a great time indulging in the treats, as well as setting up our new Christmas addition- our Advent Wreath.  Obviously it doesn't look like what we would consider a wreath, and I'm sure Chuck's Mom could shed more light on the topic, but here it is:



 Today since it's the first Sunday of December, we lit our first candle:

Chuck is especially excited because he has been wanting one of these.  As a kid growing up in Germany, this Advent Wreath was always a big deal.  And now it will be again!

I also got to open my American Advent Day 2 gift today.  So far, Chuck is 2 for 2.  I adore my new phone cover!  Plus he got me screen protectors, which I really needed.  It's so cute that he picked out a cover for me.  It's only day 2, but this has already meant so much to me.  "Gifts" are my love language, and I am just bouncing around with excitement about my gifts, and about how much my Love loves me. 


0 comments: