Cat's Out

I must report that getting up extra early last Sunday morning wasn't my greatest idea.  My heart was in the right place, but who am I kidding?  Me + early morning does not equal a sweet time with anybody.  I don't believe God has much to say to me when it's still dark out.  ;)  Needless to say, I'll stick to my old Sunday morning ways.

My times with Him have been sweet.  Just purely sweet.  It seems each day He is pouring out His blessings on my heart.  The passages He's leading me to seem to speak straight to my soul each day, making me long for more time with Him.  I believe the second I said NO to the enemy's lies about my life being hard, it opened up a whole new level of intimacy with my Savior.  I wonder what other lies I'm believing?  I think I know a few more, and I'm processing what to do about them still.  I can feel God's got more to share with me, and I'm so happy to be experiencing HIM on another level.

As I've stated in my past posts, our circumstances have been difficult for the last several months.  Yesterday the cat was finally let out of the bag (on purpose) when it was announced to our youth group that Chuck and I  need to be looking for a new ministry.  It's been extremely painful to live through this on all kinds of levels.  Neither Chuck nor I ever like keeping our lives a secret, so it's such a relief to finally be able to share with the people at our church.  We value our church family so greatly.  We love them.  They're invested in us, and we in them.  I'm dreading the day we have to say good-bye, and am even choking up as I write.  I don't have time to divulge too many of my thoughts and feelings about the subject, but wanted to share with my blog world.  You may have sensed some underlying hints of change in our lives, so thought I would feed your curiosity now that I am allowed to share.  Who knows where we're going, or when, or what God has for us (hopefully He'll fill us in before the end of May when our time at RBC will be done)?  But one thing I am certain of is this.

True, Godly contentment is the inner satisfaction of the current situation God has ordained for me.  I learned that from studying 1 Timothy 1, if you'll recall.  I can honestly say I am content in our current circumstances.  Though it's all 100% a mystery to us, it's 100% clear to my God, and that's the best feeling in the world.  I'm pretty sure that's peace that surpasses all understanding.

1 comments:

dubbe said...

Well said babe! And what a great way to end your post. :)