Still You Know My Heart

I love to worship our Savior through singing or music because it's an emotional connection to God for me.  When I hear songs through my phone, on the radio, played over a CD, or when I get to sing my own praises to God using my voice (only God would enjoy that!) I feel it.  There have been times when I've wanted to express my heart through worship, but didn't have the courage.  There have been times when I've wondered what other people would think if I raised my hands, and was the only one, or if I knelt right at my seat, or if I cried tears or joy, or even tears of sorrow because I was so moved by the Spirit.  I'd like to think I've gotten to the point where my love of the Father has won out over my fears of what others will think.

See, I long for intimacy with Christ, and when I worship through music I almost always experience Him in that way.  My longing for special time with him usually wins out over my fears.  And it's always worth it. 

Lately, my two favorite worship songs have been, "God is Able" (Hillsong Live) and, "Waiting Here for You" (Passion/Christy Nockles).  My friend Gretchen always called these personal songs, "Power Songs".  The songs God gives us right in the moment we need to hear them.

Lyrics like, "God is able, He will never fail, He is almighty God!"  or "Lifted up, He defeated the grave! Raised to life! In His name we overcome, for the Lord our God is able!"  can easily bring me to tears.  Hearing this Truth astounds me.  

"You're the Lord of all creation, and still you know my heart." also blows me away.  How can a God so huge and powerful who created every single thing on this earth know my heart?!  But He does!  He knows my heart, and he will never leave me.  He will never fail me.  "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!" 

As I mull over these thoughts today, I am getting very excited for our worship service tomorrow.  I'm going to try something new, and get up early tomorrow morning.  I'm hoping it will help focus my heart, because my usual racing out the door with my coffee at the last minute doesn't usually do the trick.  We shall see.

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

I hope your early wake up resulted in a sweet time worshipping your Savior this morning. I read a quote today that reminds me of your first thoughts: "God does things differently than the world. So when you set aside your inhibitions and start letting His Spirit operate through you, you're going to look strange to those who are strangers to His ways...but you're going to look wonderful to the Lord!"

Happy 2013!