Miracle # 2...WOW!

I confess I was afraid to write what I did yesterday.  I was afraid someone would cheapen my experience with God, or make me feel like what happened wasn't true.  But, in my heart it was clear God wanted me to share His message with all of you so I did.  The responses I have gotten made me realize that many of us have been believing the very same lies.  I haven't been alone in the lie I've been living and believing, many of you have been believing that your life is about pain and gloom, too. Thank you to those of you who have encouraged my heart by responding and sharing the things you have.  We are in this together!  God wants to pour His blessing and favor on us, His children!  He really, and truly does. 

Today as I was getting ready, my mind was racing with the things Chuck and I want to get done before tonight.  In the midst of my mental To Do List, I thought through "time with God".  Normally I spend time with God because I know reading the Bible and hearing from Him is something I need to do.  But miracle of all miracles, today when the thought crossed my mind, it was with excitement!  Today it wasn't "having my devotions" out of need, but out of a desire and anticipation to hear from God.  I could cry at the joy in my heart!  I really wanted to go into my cozy office, sit in my glider and experience my Savior- and I did.  

The minute I sat down and started writing to my Savior, this warmth spread over me.  I could feel new colors.  There was joy!  Giddiness!  Butterflies!  Relief!  FREEDOM!  Peace!  Rest!  I had an enjoyable, amazing time with Him.  

I need to be clear that NOTHING in my life has changed!  My circumstances are not any different than they have been.  All the pain and heartache we've been carrying hasn't suddenly vanished. I'm telling you, it's only the power of the Spirit.  Nothing more.  In fact, there have been things that have popped up since yesterday that normally I would have spouted off about and let it ruin my mood.  Except that I have been so overcome with Christ's message to me- TO ALL OF US- that the eyes of my heart are seeing clearly for the first time.  Maybe ever.  

Today's message from God to me- AND TO YOU- is faith.  I learned reading from Hebrews 11 that faith is REALITY and PROOF of things unseen, as if they are objects of sight, not hope.  (Ryrie's study Bible, NIV)  I have to admit a lot of times hope isn't all that encouraging because hope means I want something to happen in the future.  Or so I thought.  What I learned this morning is having faith is the reality and proof (thought we all might need to hear it twice) of things unseen- and actually seeing them.  Not just "hoping" but actually believing in the reality.  

In fact, Hebrews 11:6 actually says God is pleased when we come to Him in faith and that He REWARDS those who earnestly seek Him.  Would you look at that?!  AGAIN this Truth of God's blessing and favor on us.  God is PLEASED when we seek HIM and He REWARDS us!  I have experienced His REWARD today.  My time with Him has made my hands shake with joy, and has created a thirst for MORE OF HIS GREATNESS!  

Dear friends, our Savoir wants to REWARD YOU TOO!! Praise Him!

2 comments:

dubbe said...

Thanks for sharing this babe! I'm so glad you've had some special time with the Father recently. :)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing and encouragement you have been to me. Love you Abigal!