Sweet Family Time

Though Chuck was (IS) still sick, he went on the winter retreat with the teens.  Ironically, both my parents were (ARE) sick as well, so my Mom wasn't able to watch Jase for me.  So, I stayed home from the retreat to be with Jase.  THANKFULLY my Aunt Cynthy and cousin Kayla came and saved the day.  They spent the whole weekend with Jase and I, and we all had a fabulous time together.  I am such a chicken and do not like staying alone at night, so it was a major blessing to have them.  Plus in the last 10 days, I've only been out of the house 2 times.  The girls and I were able to get out and go to Panera, Target, and The Christmas Tree Shopps.  Oh how good it felt to get OUT!  But even the time we had together in the house was wonderful.  We chatted non-stop, laughed til we cried, and even cried over the real life stuff going on.  My Aunt fixed dinner for us Saturday night- homemade beef and broccoli.  YUM-O!  Especially because I didn't have to cook. It was so.good.for.my.soul. to have them here.  God knew it was just what I needed.  Kayla is a great photographer and snapped some beautiful pictures of our little guy.  The first one is my absolute fav.   I just love those sweet girls, and am extremely grateful to call them family.    








1 comments:

dubbe said...

Yay for family! So glad they were able to come and make your weekend brighter. :)