Blessings upon Blessings

November is such a great month for me to be reminded to have a thankful mindset.  There is always an abundance of things to be thankful for.  I've been wanting to come up with a visual way for Chuck and I to list the ways God is blessing us.  One year we had a thankfulness jar during November, and then we read all the things we had written down on Thanksgiving Day.  Since we haven't created anything yet, I decided to visually reflect through this post.  Some of these things may seem strange, but that is a wonderful benefit of having an intimate relationship with Christ.  He knows my heart, and the things that speak the loudest to me.  So here they are- blessings from God and the reasons I am thankful today:

I am FREE from the burden and chains of sin because Christ paid the price for me!
I truly have a fulfilling LIFE in abundance because Jesus lives in me!
I know God created me uniquely special, unlike any other woman in this world.
I can not fathom the depth of God's love for me.  It's even more than the depth of love I have for my own babies.  
Chuck is so much fun for me to be around.
He is a loving, sacrificial, selfless, hard-working, creative husband. 
Chuck continues to be so attractive to me.
Chuck is experiencing God in new ways- in ways I have prayed for.
A friend brought us groceries last week AND several meals.  I haven't cooked in a week, and won't have to cook for several more days.  Glory be.  
Another friend is baby-sitting Jase tomorrow during my OB appointment.  
Starbucks is having their BOGO on Holiday drinks this week!
It's Thanksgiving and Christmas season!
Jase is constantly smiling and laughing- he is such a happy kid.  
Jase started saying, "Wow!" this week in the most adorable voice.  
Jase absolutely adores his Papa.  And Chuck absolutely adores his son.  
Baby Girl is 30 weeks old, and we will get to hold her in the next 10 weeks.  
I believe God put her name on our hearts a couple years ago, even though we keep debating.  
My parents are giving us a dresser for the baby's room.  
Bottle feeding is such a joy for me.
We were given the gift of a maternity and family photo shoot.  (See Chuck's FB page for a preview.)
Being off of FB has been a really good thing for me.
Two girl friends have lent me maternity clothes.
My husband gave me a budget to buy some maternity items I needed to get through winter. God provided great consignment shop buys.  (Jeans for $9, for instance!)
Co-leading a girl's teen small group brings a lot of joy.
I am part of a writing community.
We have an HSA account.
My Mom will be taking and watching Jase for a week soon.  
I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the very first time.
God provided a FREE turkey!  
We have seen some houses recently we could see ourselves buying this summer.  
Chuck loves his job.
I respect the people Chuck works with.  
Jase is taking a second nap today- a special blessing because I hurt my back and it's hard to walk.  
I was able to get into a chiropractor TODAY.  
Decaf, soy, no whip, peppermint mocha's are out in the red cups.  Need I say more?!

Jesus, thank you for lavishly blessing.  

If anyone else wants to share their list of thanks and blessings, I would LOVE to read them!

0 comments: