Weak Week

Last week was so super rough.  As I was starting to feel better from the stomach virus, I got two vaccines at my OB appointment.  I have reacted (chills, aches, pains) to both vaccines in the past, so I figured it was going to be a tough weekend.  And it was.  Thankfully Chuck is Super Papa, and I was able to stay in bed for a lot of Saturday and Sunday.  I'm still really weak.  I just tried putting Jase down for an afternoon nap, but I probably tried too early- wishful thinking on my part.  So now I face the dilemma, do I let him cry it out awhile and hope he eventually wears himself out?  Or do I get him up, and start the process all over again in an hour?  My energy for the day is sapped already.

I learned at my last appointment that I am in the throws of my third trimester.  Not sure how I missed that.  The contractions continue daily, and are even getting uncomfortable.  I'm waddling already, with three months to go. My doctor also informed us to be prepared for Baby Girl to come early, just in case.  She told us to be prepared even four weeks early, which would be NEXT MONTH.  I have nothing ready.  Nothing.  It's all very overwhelming.

So, in an attempt to "be anxious for nothing", I made a wish list today and put Philippians 4:19 at the top, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus".  The list will be between me and God, and I will take joy in watching Him provide for us.  He always does.  When Jase was born, our entire house was in boxes, and we weren't even living in our own home.  I write this as a pep talk to myself because I wake up every day between 4-6am wide awake wondering how so many things are going to work out.  Sometimes life just feels impossible.

Update:  The babe is finally asleep- I let him cry it out.  ;)  Now I need to get myself showered.  People, showering is exhausting.  Why is that?!  Then I need to move on to dinner preparations.  I just have to make it until Wednesday.  A dear, dear friend is driving a two hour round trip to bring us groceries, and several meals!  I told her I did not want her doing that for us, but she said, "Let us bless you."  Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do.  I desperately need the help at times, but when someone offers, I'm quick to say, "I'll be fine!".  I never feel like I deserve the help.  I feel like I'm being lazy if others do things for me.  I feel like I should be able to do the very natural thing of caring for one child while carrying another one.  Millions of women do it every day.  And this makes me wonder, why is it so hard for me?

Can anyone else out there relate at all???

1 comments:

Bethany Reilly said...

I totally can relate. And I just started working again. But God has and will provide.