My Sweet Baby Boy

I don't feel like rehashing the events of the weekend concerning our precious baby boy. To say it has been awful is an understatement. We've experienced similar issues with Jase in the past, and it never gets easier. The first time it happened I wrote about it in his journal, and ever since then I haven't been able to bring myself to write about it again. I feel like I'm walking around in a fog.  What's going to happen next?? 

I was just doing a load of laundry, and all Jase's sheets, bedding, and clothes from the weekend were still in the dryer. It bothered me so much to find them in there. Things were so different before Saturday night. Everything was fine, Jase had been running around at a birthday party, he had gone out to Target with Chuck....things really can change in an instant. It always takes awhile to move forward. Quite awhile. 

Anyway, as it stands right now, we have a pretty sick little guy on our hands. We took Jase to his own Pediatrician today, which is always wonderful since she knows his entire medical history. He is still struggling with a high fever, and we don't have anything to pinpoint the fever to. Jase had a chest x-ray done, and it came back clear. (He's had pneumonia in the past.) If his fever isn't better by tomorrow (Tuesday) then we have to take him back in for more tests. 

If you could bring our baby before the Throne of Grace, we would so greatly appreciate it! We believe God will heal Jase, we believe God is present with us throughout every moment of every day. Even when our sick babe is screaming until 2am. ;) May God bless us with His amazing Peace. May He heal our little "Healer" even in this moment! 

P.S. I wanted to mention that YES a dear friend sacrificed major sleep on Saturday night to stay with Basye when we took Jase to the ER! We are SO GRATEFUL to her. Also, it's amazing how the "little" things are absolutely HUGE in the midst of hard times. Dear friends watched Basye this morning so I could take Jase to the doctor. They gave her a bath, and it has been such a relief to me today. Poor girl hadn't had a bath in too long- ugh! Also, when we were at the imaging center for Jase's X-ray I pushed him in the stroller around and around in circles so he wouldn't get fussy. I noticed many people smiled at me, and when they did, I choked up every time. It was SO nice to be smiled at. Such a simple, wonderful act of kindness. 

Thank you so much for praying! 

1 comments:

Melody Martin said...

Abigail, how difficult. Praying for Jase, and for you and Chuck.