Pray for NORMAL!

***If you prefer not to read this whole post, our main prayer request is in bold at the bottom. THANK YOU for praying!




This smile lights up my heart like no other!


Tomorrow Jase is having more blood work done. His doctors were concerned about the blood work he had earlier this week, and want to check it again to make sure his levels are moving towards normal. Waiting for results is agonizing. These results could change the course of our life dramatically, or we could end up going on like normal. I long for normal and boring. Jesus, I long for NORMAL results.

I am terrified, to be truthful. God has absolutely given me moments of peace, but then there are other moments where the reality of our situation scares me to death. I am sick to my stomach quite often, and can barely eat. Until last night, I haven't been sleeping well either. I am constantly in tune to Jase, and closely watching to see if everything he is doing seems "normal" or not. It's agonizing. What's worse, there's a chance the virus Jase had could still be in his system tomorrow, and he'll have to have more blood work done later. More waiting. I can't handle the waiting.

God, hear my heart. This Mama is aching with worry. I agonize over hearing anything but GOOD news about my baby boy. Please Father, give us GREAT NEWS tomorrow!

It helps me so much to step back, and see God in this situation. Two nights ago was one of the worst nights of fear I think I have ever had in my life. I could not sleep. I tossed and turned. I prayed and prayed. I cried out to God. Jase still had a fever, and there was still no known cause. I cried out to God asking Him to BREAK THAT FEVER. Fevers are not of God. Seizures are not of God. I begged God to break that fever. I asked God to cover Jase in a rash so that we would know it was a virus. Possibly even the roseola virus. I was desperate to find a REASON for his fever since the doctors were so concerned to find a reason.

I ended up turning on my light so I could read my Bible (I've been reading in the book of Acts), and Chuck woke up. He prayed for me, and prayed for Jase. We talked for awhile, and then Chuck played worship music. We laid there together holding hands soaking in the truth of the lyrics, letting them minister to our souls. We eventually fell back asleep only to wake up shortly thereafter to Jase's cries.

I JUMPED out of bed, and rushed to his side. As soon as I picked him up, I could tell he was cool. PRAISE GOD! I took his temperature, and it was normal. God had broken his fever. Amazement coursed through me, and I couldn't help but thank Jesus. After we put Jase back down, I stayed up and continued reading in the book of Acts. It was an amazing comfort to read the story about the man who had never walked in his life, and he was healed! I continued fighting in prayer for my son, and for others.

I got a little bit more sleep that night, and waited until Jase woke up (late!) the next morning. His doctor called to check in on him, and he was still asleep at 10am. I couldn't take it anymore, so I woke him up. As I changed his diaper, I checked him temp again- NO FEVER! Then I noticed he had a rash. A RASH! I could hardly believe it. God had heard my cries. He broke Jase's fever and He allowed a rash to show up! I know it sounds confusing that I asked God to give Jase a rash, but I desperately wanted him to have roseola, NOT an unknown illness. Oh how my heart SOARED in praise to Jehovah Rophi (God who heals).

I'm emotionally, mentally, and physically exhausted. I haven't labored that hard in prayer in a long time. But I believe in the POWER of prayer. I believe God hears. I believe He wants to move on our behalf. I believe He wants to shower His blessings on us. I believe in you God.

Friends, I would like to enlist you to pray along with Chuck and I. Please pray God's complete and whole healing over Jase. We named him Jase because it means "Healer". God has anointed Jase with that name, and we desire God's blessing of healing over his little body. 

PLEASE PRAY for GREAT results from his blood work tomorrow. Pray the blood work will NOT have to be repeated because the results are so NORMAL. Would you please cry out to God on behalf of our son? 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

He loves his hats! Our beautiful boy. 











0 comments: