Happy 3rd Birthday, my Bon!




You became my Honey Bun almost right away, but somewhere along the line that got chopped all the way down to "Bon" or "Bonni". Because your older two siblings are in Heaven, you are my actual firstborn son. The firstborn son has had a valuable role in a family all the way back to the Bible times. God has created you uniquely special, and He has great plans to use you for His Kingdom. Your name, Jase means "Healer". Not only has God used you to heal my heart after the loss of your siblings, but He will continue to use you to bring healing to those around you. Be tender with the hearts of people, my dear son.



My daring boy. When you put your mind to something, there is NO stopping you. Your mind is filled with adventurous thoughts at every moment of the day, it seems. You want nothing more than to be outside, playing at the park, swimming at Becca's, riding your bike, or playing with the hose out back. Your energy never ceases. You love to dive off the couch smack onto the floor, and laugh when you get there. You zoom around the living room at full speed pushing your sister's doll stroller like it's a race car. You climb. You tackle. You roll. You dive. You run. You jump. You are always on the go. Jesus will use this passion in you for His glory. Oh how He has marvelous plans for you each day.



Your life delights the heart of Jesus, even more than it delights Mama and Papa. When all else fades away, Jesus will always be your rock. Your redeemer. Your light. Your guide. Follow Jesus always, and choose the wise way.

You love your sister. You are responsible to care for her, look out for her, and respect her. You are her big brother- you will always be her Hero. That is a high calling- but don't worry. Jesus will show you the way.



I see the way your Papa looks at you. His eyes shine with pride because you are his son. He believes in you- in every single part of you. He adores you. He loves to play with you, and rough house with you, and build forts for you. Papa would go to the moon and back for you. But even more, your Heavenly Father adores you to your core- your Papa and I will never be able to do that.



You make your Mama laugh on a daily basis. Your words are sweet and kind, funny and silly, thoughtful and curious. The other night I got to hold you in my arms as you slept and was reminded how very young you still are, though you are growing up quickly. Don't hurry your life away- always find joy in the moment. I am confidant you won't have any trouble doing that!



Jase, I am proud to be your Mama. I am proud of YOU. You are strong. You are courageous. You are born of God. You are learning. You are as independent as you can be. Your smile lights up my soul. Your eyes reflect the depth of something so special in you- you are a creation of God Almighty. You are beautiful in every way.



Happy 3rd Birthday, Jase Charleson Amos Dubbe. You have my heart. You always will.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me tear up. It is so beautifully written and so sweet. Oh how I love my little smiling buddy:) I can't believe he is 3 already! He brings such joy to my life. I love him and his beautiful family dearly <3 love y'all!!! -Becca