Notting Hill

is thee best soundtrack ever. hands down, my favorite. it was the cd that one of my best friends and i listened to over and over and over on vacation one summer. we were so missing our boys who were not with us at the beach. looking back, it was quite silly of us, but that's what you do when you're young. and it's the best feeling ever. being with a best friend- at the beach, talking about the boys, speculating about them, about our future, always day dreaming and scheeming. back then, things were...what were they? innocent. naiive. i miss those days. i miss my friend. life has a way of changing things- i miss the innocense of my 17-year-old heart.

i listen to that same soundtrack tonight- i am older. wiser. smarter. i have lived a lot since then. i certainly don't want to be 17 again, but it's nice to visit. back then, i had the world at my fingertips- and ya know what? i still do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i'm just a girl...standing in front of a boy...asking him to love her..."

Tara said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! I forgot we both started after watching that movie, whatever it was. Too funny--glad we crack each other up so much!

Molly Lou said...

Very Cute Abby! Just wanted to say hi. I am just trying this blogger thing out. Hope all is well with you. How's life treating you these days?

Molly Tasker

y2krust said...

Abs - check out my blog. I posted tonight and I think you'll enjoy the pics. :-) Love ya! (Who's comments do you keep deleting, and why???? Curiosity . . .) Also, don't ever tell me you're not passionate about stuff, miss drums, writing, espresso chick. That's a lot of passion!