My First Love

i drove downtown today, which is always an amazing experience. i feel like such a cool person once i hit the bend that splits off to 62, and 35W continues. the skyline appears like beacons shining in the night. i guess in the day time, they're like...well, just a really cool city.

anyway, my first new class started this afternoon. i got a great parking spot (i was nervous about that!), ordered my 12 oz. almond, rice milk, latte at the cute little cafe, and proceeded up the spiral staircase only to be greeted with a friendly smile and diretions on where my classroom was.

once again, looking out the window was a clear view of the cool city buildings, and it was snowy. what a perfect day for a class. and not just any class, but- Beginning Creative Non-Fiction. i sat there soaking it all in, starstruck the whole time. (the "star" being writing)

i fell in love with writing all over again. i was re-introduced to my first love- writing. i have adored writing since i was a little child. i guess since i learned to write.

what struck me the most was hearing the other class members share. so many people shared that they had always wanted to write, but chose a different career so they could make money. now, some of them are retired- and are "finally" getting back to what they love- writing. i'm so glad i don't have to say that about my life. i love writing now, and i am writing now.

when i shared, i sat there are all starry-eyed and said, (almost with a sigh) "i love to write. God has created me with a passion to write...and, well, that's why i'm here..." (insert goofy grin) yeah, i'm in love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Abby. I'm familiar with this love affair. And by the way, if you head south on 35W and drive for a few (or 17) hours, you'll end up just down the road from us.

Tara said...

You are a writer, Abby. I can tell you're glowing through your words.

1 week, 1 day and counting... =)