chipotle

what is the deal with chipotle anyways? i am trying my best to love it like most. people rave about it there, but i gotta be honest. it's icky. their meat is gross. pure GROSS. the chicken is brown and slithery, the beef is slimy and stringy, and i'll give you their steak. the steak i can handle- only it's so spicey my lips were melting off the whole time. at one point i actually started choking, and huge tears were pooled in my eyes. thank goodness it wasn't a date. plus their salsa is all chunk. no juice! i gotta have the juice, people! i can say their "fresh" brewed tea is yummy- especially with my little secret recipe that i make. but, definately NOT worth the 8 bucks. my little square needs more variety.

i am DYING for jamba juice to open- i will be singing praises then! i will also be even more broke- it'll be well worth it after my 8,9, and 10 mile runs!! sooooooooooooo yum and refreshing!

so, good-bye chipotle. i've given you a valiant effort. i'm sticking with taco bell. you can't go wrong.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chipotle is a sad shadow of Freebird's, a Texas original. Now you eat but a poor reflection of burritos; then you shall eat the real thing. We also have Jamba Juice. Maybe this has some connection to your previous post/email. Texas: never a bad choice.

Laura Siegrist said...

i'm SO jealous you're getting a jamba juice!!! when dave and i were visiting ash and joe wittmer in january, they introduced them to us and i've been craving them ever since. i wish they'd make there way out here.

kiltsandthistles said...

I have to totally agree with you on Chipolte. My friends here in DC rave about it as well and I can't stand it. I do love their chips and quac though.

y2krust said...

Ab, I enjoy your blog, but there's a shocking lack of pictures - especially compared to mine. Check it out, by the way. I met my dream man this week!!!!!!!!!!! He's amazing!

the way I see it... said...

i'm very sad for you...

Tara said...

I can thank Taco Bell for the pounds I've put on over the years--seriously--that's where they've all come from. And I can thank you, Abby, for showing up on my doorstep dozens of times over the last couple of years bearing our yummy tacos. =)

PB & J said...

i agree with you. I would choose $$cheaper Taco Bell over grosser Chipotle any day. Plus, my poor weak stomach can't handle the hotness of Chipotle spices anyway. Talk about hot/cold sweats. (you know what i mean) Billy would not agree with me however. He loves it.