A New Land

i went to another world this weekend- a sweet, little town in good 'ol south dakota! now, i come from a family with a lot of relatives residing in tiny town iowa, but this was nothing compared to that! i was left astounded by the seclusion of the town we were in. it was beautiful- literal rolling hills, green lands, and the sky went on for miles and miles. i found myself just staring (probably gapping mouthed) out the window in awe of the world we had ventured into.

the reason? dan and heidi's wedding. a simply beautiful day- a beautiful wedding- a radiant bride AND radiant groom. the depth of love they have for God and they have for each other was shinning brighter then even the sun. i've been around them for a year, watched their love for each other grow with each passing week, but their wedding. wow. you could almost touch their love, it felf that tangible. to call the day a blessing would be shorting it of the tremendous value it heald. still holds. and will forever hold.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I so wish we could have been there! Funny how much everyone seems to be freaking out about how small the town is. =)

Laura Siegrist said...

i wish i could have been there too! if you have pictures, you should post them. and do you have their address? i'd love to send a card. when is your next trip out this way? just wondering. it'd be nice to see you.

Stephanie said...

what a lovely post, abby!

Eric said...

I've got a few pics on my blog!

Jamie said...

Pics at the consumed blog as well.

Naomi said...

I loved your description. It reminds me of the way I felt the first time I came here to visit. My reactions were much the same as yours, except I experienced the fourth of July. This particular holiday draws all the ranchers and farmers out of the woodwork for days of celebrating the big finale being a rodeo!! The best part is that when I read your response I can't believe I live here now (better be careful)!!!