insomnia

i never slept last night. not for one measley second. it was pure misery. after several hours of tossing and turning and putting on the covers and throwing off the covers, i started to freak out. horrors.

i finished a book. i visited the bathroom a couple times. i tied a bandana around my eyes to keep out any form of light. i prayed. i quoted scripture. i renounced the enemy, who i was convinced was attacking me. finally, at about 3:30 am, i began to sob and sob and sob.

i miss my family so much it just hurts. homesickness is a heart-wrenching disease. after about 45 minutes of tears, i felt a little more calm. thought maybe i'd get an hour of sleep. nope. turns out, i got up and got ready really slowly. i even put curlers in my hair to take up more time.

i don't know WHY i couldn't sleep. i thought about a lot of things during those six hours of a restless night. i wasn't particularly worried, just have a lot on my mind, i guess. nothing to lose an ENTIRE night's sleep over. but, i did. for whatever reason.

so- i am a zombie right now. i am trying really hard not to nap. i want to go to bed and SLEEP through the night tonight. if you're reading this: please pray for a full night's sleep for me!

i have a new found sympathy for insomniacs. i was pretty close to going mental last night...they say you'll die of a lack of sleep before you'll die of a lack of food...i belive it.

4 comments:

y2krust said...

Ab, I'm sorry! That's terrible. I've faced sleeplessness before and it's no fun 'cause it affects the rest of your week. For the sake of pure logic, next time try AdvilPM (or Tylenol or Simply Sleep). It works WONDERS for me. Love you. I'm sorry you're homesick. I know exactly how you feel.

y2krust said...

It could also have been after-affects of the 3+ cups of Pike's Place from the night before! Take it easy on the caffeine. It's wonderful, I agree, but it's still a drug.

Anonymous said...

oh that sounds horrible - I will pray that you can get a good nights rest tonight! And I will pray about your homesickness - its never easy to be away from those we love!

Tara said...

I have been there so many times--it's been ever since I had Rory. Don't know why, I just have major sleeping issues now. TV is the only thing that ever puts me back to sleep. Everything else just makes me too lonely...
Hopefully it was a one-time thing for you.